Today is my Four Year Wedding Anniversary

Its hard to believe I am married four years today!

In some ways 2007 seems like an absolutely life time ago and in others it was only yesterday.

Would you like some of the deets of my wedding?

Well we got engaged on the 29th of July 2005, my mother's birthday, after dating for 9 months. I went through 3 engagement rings { a post for another day } before walking down the aisle.

My hubby, James, choose our wedding day; 07/07/07 - it was the only thing he wanted and allowed me {well my mother} carte blanch everywhere else!

Our Bridal Party consisted of ourselves, 3 bridesmaids, 3 groomsmen, 8 flower girls and 4 page boys {some of whom couldn't walk!}. It rained, heavily, for the 6 weeks before our wedding but on the morning the sun shone brightly in a fluffy clouded sky! { Although it did pour while the ceremony was talking place!}

My mother, my wedding planner, made, my wedding dress, veil, 3 bridesmaid dresses, 8 flower girl dress, 4 page boy outfits, my Fairytale Castle Wedding Cake and many of the floral arrangements.

My wedding dress, hand made by my mother, took 12 weeks to make and was made from Duoppioni Silk and Spanish Lace. My veil, also made by my mother, was 15 feet long and took a team of 4 hairdressers, 25 minutes to blow dry straight once placed on my head!

We were married in my family's home church by 3 Priests and our ceremony was witnessed by 195 guests who had travelled from all over Ireland, the UK, France, the US, Germany, Australia and New Zealand to attend. I travelled to the church in a horse drawn carriage and all my neighbours lined the street as I left home for the last time as a single gal.

Our reception was held in a charming Country House where our guests enjoyed chocolate fountains, cocktails and entertainment which included classical pianists, Irish dancers, German wedding games and one of Ireland's best DJs.

In place of favours we donated money to both Breast and Prostate Cancer on behalf of our guests and each received a pin or bracelet as an acknowledgement. With 19 children at our wedding we had children's games galore, 2 dedicated child minders and a special kiddies area and tables so that parents could sit back, relax and enjoy themselves.

Our first dance was to 'I want to grow old with you' and my daddy daughter dance was to 'Butterfly Kisses'

Aw the memories...