A Christmas Poem [to finish off the festive season]

'Twas the bride' 

'Twas the night before New Years 
And all through the house, 
The girlfriend was angry
She wasn't a spouse! 

She hoped for the joy
That Christmas would bring. 
But Christmas had passed, 
And she still had no ring! 

They'd been together 
For over two years. 
Long-term commitment-
That must be his fear. 

She thought, "That's the reason
That I'm still single. 
I'm breaking it off!"
Then the phone gave a jingle. 

"Come outside," said the voice,
And then went away. 
She opened the door, 
And there was a sleigh! 

He whisked her away
Grinned like a fox
Got down on one knee 
And opened the box. 

'Twas the first day of New Year
Her eyes opened wide.
"Yesterday, I'm a girlfriend. 
Today, I'm a bride!" 

She started to panic
"There's so much to do! 
To plan a whole wedding. 
What do I do?"

"How do I afford
Everything that I need
To end up with the wedding 
of which I have dreamed?"

Then she remembered seeing
That B Magazine page, 
All about WOLfest 
Before she was engaged!

Reception Venue, Caterer! 
Florist and tux! 
I'll save money, I'll save time 
And have no acid reflux! 

Video! DJ! Photo!
Limousine & Gown
I wont have to be running
All over town! 

Logging on to wolfest.ie she booked tickets on the spot
and even got free parking too!
She began counting down the days until March 5th & 6th
excited about the live bands, talks, demos and DIY section too!

And I heard her exclaim
As she walked down the aisle 
" Going to WOLfest at Punchestown
is definitely worthwhile!"

Ps A shameless plug for the event I'm organising I know... but its going to be great! 

PPs I can't take full credit for the adaptation of this poem, while I have reworked it a little it came to me through an email forward.